Look up a health practitioner


Check if your health practitioner is qualified, registered and their current registration status


Practitioners who wish to practise using the title 'Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner' must apply for national registration. You can apply for registration online or use the relevant downloadable form below.

Online applications

Online applications for general registration as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner are available to:

For all other circumstances please use the relevant application form available to download below.

Those Aboriginal Health Workers who are not required by their employer to use the title 'Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner', 'Aboriginal Health Practitioner' or 'Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner', are not required to be registered, and can continue to work using their current titles (for example, 'Aboriginal Health Worker', 'Drug and Alcohol Worker' and 'Mental Health Worker').

See the National Board’s FAQ for further information on:

  • Who needs to apply for registration?
  • The National Scheme
  • Registration Standards

The National Board fee schedule has more information on application fees and registration fees.

Renewal of registration

Online application for renewal of registration opens six to eight weeks before your registration expires. Ahpra will send you a reminder when your registration is due. Look for this as confirmation that online renewal is open.

If you do not renew your general or non-practising registration by 30 November each year, or within the following one month late period, your registration will lapse in accordance with the National Law and your name will be removed from the national register of practitioners

Registration forms

General registration

Non-practising registration

If you currently hold general registration, you can apply for non-practising registration using online services. Log in to your account to apply.

If you don’t currently hold general registration, you can apply for non-practising registration by using the ANPC-81 form:


English Language Referee Report

Review of conditions or undertakings

Authorised Agent

The Authorised Agent application form can be used by practitioners wanting to nominate a third party who can communicate with AHPRA, on their behalf, about their application form. Use of this form is optional.

Supplementary information

Information about supporting documents required for registration is provided below.


Page reviewed 1/02/2024